How do I obtain a permit for installing or replacing sewer pipes?
For answers to all your sewer permit questions, your first call should be to our Permit Services Unit at (916) 876-6100.
To get a building permit and a sewer impact (connection) permit for a new or existing business or residence, some key information is required. For residential permits, you need the property address, parcel number, and your payment. For commercial permits, you need the property address, parcel number, site improvement plans, and your payment.
Where do I get the permits I need?
Please call our Permit Services Unit at (916) 876-6100 to discuss your property’s specific needs. Below is a list of locations that issue building and sewer permits.
SASD/Regional San Main Office (Sewer Permits Only)
10060 Goethe Rd.,
Sacramento, CA 95827
(916) 854-8863 Fax Permit Counter: Open Monday through Friday
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Building Assistance Center – Downtown
827 7th Street, 1st Floor
Sacramento CA 95814
(916) 854-9229 Fax Visit Website for list of services. Permit Counter: Open Monday through Friday Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bring parking stub to counter for one hour validated parking at County Parking Garage – 725 7th Street
Building Assistance Center – Goethe
9700 Goethe Road
Sacramento CA 95827
(916) 854-9228 Fax Visit Website for list of services. Permit Counter: Open Monday through Friday Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
County Service Center – North
3331 Peacekeeper Way, Suite 100 & 200
McClellan, CA, 95652
(916) 874-2424 Permit Counter: Please call in advance, as individual service hours may vary. Building Permits and Inspection Services offered Wednesday and Thursday only. Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
County Service Center – East
5229 Hazel Ave, Suite B
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916) 875-1537 Fax Permit Counter: Monday and Tuesday only Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
What if I have more questions?
If you need more information, please call (916) 876-6100.
SASD is committed to to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. If you are having trouble accessing information on this site, or if you would like to bring a site issue to our attention, please send us a message.
PDF files: PDF files on this site require Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download.